Our Mission: Providing services “cradle to college” to ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing environments in our community.
Chances And Services for Youth unveiled their 2018 Annual Report on April 29th, 2019, at their first CASY Appreciation Night event. The annual report is a snapshot of all programs provided by CASY and a review of their accomplishments in 2018. Please click on the button below to review the 2018 Annual Report.
Mission & HistoryBy providing services and investing in our local community, CASY has a unique opportunity to identify and respond to the needs of clients, partnering organizations and the communities we serve.
Board of DirectorsOur Board of Directors is made up of community volunteers and child care professionals who are committed to carrying out our Mission.
FundingCASY's programs and services are made possible thanks to our national, state and local funding partners.
Nearly 50 yearsBy providing services and investing in our local community, CASY has a unique opportunity to identify and respond to the needs of clients, partnering organizations and the communities we serve.
Community Alliance and Services for Youth
Started in 1971 to promote quality child care services for pre-school children and their families throughout the Wabash Valley
CHANCES for Indiana Youth began in the mid-1980s to support youth in Vigo County.
Both merged in 2013 to form one agency – Chances And Services for Youth (CASY).
We're dedicated to helping parents, teachers, child care providers, and our entire community build brighter futures for children.
Community Alliance and Services for Young Children Community Alliance and Services for Young Children began in 1971 to promote quality child care services for pre-school children and their families throughout the Wabash Valley.
- Services offered to local child care providers included training workshops and learning activities in early childhood to increase the competence of preschool teachers and providers.
- In 1978, the organization received funding to establish a child care resource and referral service.
- In the early 1990s, the agency expanded to include funding through the Child Care Development Fund Voucher program and Child and Adult Care Food Program.
CHANCES CHANCES for Indiana Youth began in the mid-1980s as a grassroots effort to combat the growing alcohol and drug problems facing Vigo County youth. The organization developed substance abuse prevention, positive youth development, and early-intervention services through the collaborative efforts of local youth-serving organizations and governmental agencies.
- The agency was awarded Tobacco Prevention and Cessation grant funding to expand services.
- Youth programs such as Teen Court, Strengthening Families, and Safe Kids were added.
- In 2008, CHANCES for Indiana Youth led a collaborative group of non-profits to be selected to lease and provide programming at the Booker T. Washington Community Center.
- In 2011, CHANCES for Indiana Youth became the affiliate for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Vigo County. CASY In April 2013 Community Alliance and Services for Young Children and CHANCES for Indiana Youth merged to form one agency – Chances And Services for Youth (CASY).
For 30 years, these two separate organizations were at the forefront of community collaboration. As one agency, today CASY collaborates and networks with local, state, and national non-profit organizations, businesses, and governmental/law enforcement agencies to provide cost-effective programs for infants through college-age children and their families.