CASY Family Newsletter
CASY’s Family Newsletter is full of great information and family fun activities. Our newsletter is available monthly right here on our website, or you can have it delivered right to your email. Click the button below to view any of our archived newsletters and for more information on how to sign up to receive the newsletter monthly.
CASY Family Webinar
CASY’s monthly webinars offer parents the opportunity to learn new ways to engage children in meaningful activities, learn about resources available, and more. You can view recorded webinars by clicking below, or subscribe to our newsletter to learn about upcoming webinars.
- Meaningful Conversations with Children
- How do you make your conversations count? In this webinar, we will discuss ways to have meaningful conversations with young children.
- Self-care Tips and Resources for Parents & Caregivers
- It is important to take care of yourself during times of crisis. Self-care is essential and often put on the back burner. When parents & caregivers take time to care for themselves, they are better equipped to handle everyday life. Join us to learn self-care tips and resources to incorporate in the home.
- Guided Play for Families
- It is important to help children learn skills and build knowledge during play. Guided play engages children in meaningful learning opportunities. Join us for some tips on supporting play at home.
- Importance of Routines
- Routines are vital in helping both children and adults feel safe. During this time of social distancing and school closures, children are relying on whatever normalcy they can get. Join us to talk about helping your family by keeping to your normal at-home schedules or setting up routines, if you don’t already have them in place.
- Teaching Responsibility
- Do you want your child to be more responsible? This webinar discussed age-appropriate ways for children to help others, how you can help them build independence and learn to trust them to make appropriate decisions.
- Child’s First Teacher
- We share the “why” behind being your child’s first and most important teacher. We will explore brain development and ways you can provide optimal experiences for your young child.
- Challenging Behavior
- Children are still learning how to regulate their emotions and how to respond appropriately, which can create challenges if the child is not properly supported. We will take a look at what messages your child may be trying to send, potential causes, and prevention techniques.
- Effective Positive Guidance
- This webinar will focus on defining positive guidance, replacing misbehavior and helping children be more cooperative. We will look at understanding the difference between discipline and punishment to assist with changing the negative patterns in children’s behavior. By focusing on the positive, you will find more joy as a parent.
- Developmental Milestones Birth-12 months
- Join the CASY Family Engagement Specialists during our 3 part webinar series, where we will discuss developmental milestones, the behaviors or skills infants and children encounter and accomplish as they grow and develop. This session will focus on milestones for infants, birth to 12 months.
- Developmental Milestones: 13 months – 35 months
- Join the CASY Family Engagement Specialists during our 3 part webinar series, where we will discuss developmental milestones, the behaviors or skills infants and children encounter and accomplish as they grow and develop. This session will focus on milestones of children 13 months – 35 months.
- Developmental Milestones: 3 years – 5 years
- Join the CASY Family Engagement Specialists during our 3 part webinar series, where we will discuss developmental milestones, the behaviors or skills infants and children encounter and accomplish as they grow and develop. This session will focus on milestones of children 3 – 5 years old.
CASY Family Supports During COVID-19 Outbreak
During the COVID-19 pandemic, CASY understands staying at home can be a big adjustment for you and your family. That’s why CASY is committed to bringing you a variety of resources for educational activities and remote learning, family fun virtual field trips, and overall well being. Visit the links below for some extra help while you are at home with your children. And remember, we are all in this together!
- Educational Activities
- Family Fun Virtual Field Trips and Watch and Learn Videos!
- Get Up, Move and Stay Healthy:
- How to Talk to Your Children About COVID-19, Mental Health and Overall Well-being
Brighter Futures Indiana is a resource to support you in understanding and enhancing your child’s learning at home and while in care. Brighter Futures Indiana is brought to you through a partnership with the FSSA Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning and Early Learning Indiana. For more information and resources to help enhance your child’s learning at home please visit Brighter Futures Indiana.
From early education to life after high-school, the NBC News Education Nation provides information about your child’s development. “Parent Toolkit is a one-stop resource developed with parents in mind. It’s produced by NBC News Education Nation and supported by Pearson and includes information about almost every aspect of your child’s development, because they’re all connected. Healthy, successful children can excel in many areas – in the classroom, on the court, and in their relationships with peers and adults. Our advice also covers important topics for navigating life after high school” (NBC News Education Nation). Visit the Parent Toolkit for more information.
Zero to Three provides resources for parents to ensure your children gets the best start in life. The connections make in the early years of life last a lifetime. Zero to Three knows that parenting is an ongoing learning process where you are learning who your individual child is and what they need to thrive. They provide parent resources to help you learn how to best support growth and learning for your children in the earliest years of life. For more information and resources visit Zero to Three’s Parent Favorites.
Families are integral to any effort to support children’s successful learning and development. The National Head Start Association provides resources to families and information about how to find out more about your local Head Start services. For more information, visit the National Head Start Association website.
As a parent, you want to give your child the best start in life. “Watch your child’s amazing progress by tracking his or her developmental milestones —how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves – and sharing that progress with your child’s doctor at every check-up” (Center for Disease Control, Information for Families). Visit the CDC Information for Families page to find resources on the CDC Milestones.
The goal of First Steps is to help Hoosier families make sure their infants and toddlers receive services now to help them in the future. Services through First Steps are designed to meet the developmental needs of the child; Except in limited circumstances, First Steps does not provide services to meet medical needs. Visit First Steps website for more information.
Healthy eating and physical activity are important for all ages. These healthy habits begin at an early age. The habits you teach your children will become the habits they take into adulthood. Nemours Children Health System provides tools and fun ideas to help parents encourage healthy habits at home, from healthy eating activities to ways to build good social skills and nurture positive behavior. To learn more visit Nemours Families website.
We understand that you might be anxious or overwhelmed by your child care search. Fortunately, we can give you the tools to be confident through the process. Explore the link to understand what to look for in your child care search, the types care available, and more. Visit Child Care Aware of America for more information.